San Simeon continually ranks as one of the best nursing homes on Long Island and the surrounding areas. According to a recent study using data collected from Nursing Home Compare (part of Medicare.gov) of nursing homes across the country, San Simeon by the Sound excelled in many major categories, including:
Helpful Quality Care Statistics
Compared to Other Regional Nursing Homes, San Simeon has:
- the fewest short-stay residents who were re-hospitalized or had an outpatient emergency department visit (13.6%) among all the 181 nursing homes within 50 miles.
- the fewest short-stay residents who were re-hospitalized after a nursing home admission (9.1%) among all the 42 nursing homes in Suffolk County, NY.
- the fewest long-stay residents with a urinary tract infection (0.0%) among the 42 nursing homes in Suffolk County, NY.
- the fewest short-stay residents who newly received an antipsychotic medication (0.0%) among the 42 nursing homes in Suffolk County, NY.
- the 2nd-fewest high-risk long-stay residents with pressure ulcers (2.9%) among the 42 nursing homes in Suffolk County, NY.
Rated as one of America’s Best Nursing Homes by US News and World Report in 2013, 2015 and 2016, San Simeon provides short-term post-acute rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing services, as well as a Medical Model Adult Day Health Care program.