Our Medical-Model Adult Day Health Care program is the only one of its kind on the East End. Established in 2010 to meet the medical and social needs of up to 30 registrants daily, the program was designed to offer families the opportunity to provide dedicated care to their loved ones with medical conditions associated with chronic illnesses or cognitive impairment. Our focus was to create an inviting facility that welcomes participants in a “home away from home” environment.
Medical-Model Adult Day Health Care
Highlights of the San Simeon Medical-Model Adult Day Health Care Program
- Provides maximum level of independence
- Restore and rehabilitate to the highest level of function
- Provides support, respite and education for families and other home caregivers
- Fosters socialization and peer interaction
- Individualized case management
- Access to full medical staff including licensed nurses, social workers, dieticians and occupational, speech and physical therapists
- Services onsite by medical doctors, psychologists, dentists and podiatrists
- Morning and afternoon refreshments
- Midday meal
- Take-home supper
This program runs from Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This model allows the family member/caregiver a much deserved break from full-time care responsibilities. Enrollment in our program provides the opportunity for a caregiver to go to work with peace of mind knowing their loved one is fully cared for in a safe and secure environment. All this while receiving enriching services and having their medical needs attended to by our exceptionally qualified and nurturing staff.